- ESEL – NBA 2K22 Pro-am 5×5;
- Entry fee — 0$;
- 10 000$ Prize fund;
- 30 European teams;
- 43 games for every teams;
- Fixed time game calendar;
- Length of the regular season – 7 months;
- Each team must have a capture card for streaming;
- 16 teams will advance to the playoffs;
- Each participant in the playoffs will receive a guaranteed part of the prize pool:
— For getting into the playoffs + 100$;
— For getting into the 2nd round +200$;
— For getting into the final of the conference +400/500$;
— 2nd Place +2000$;
— Championship + 3000$.
10. The statistics of players and all matches will be displayed on the official website of the organizer;
Esports Europe League Season 2021-22
among the teams Pro-AM 5×5 NBA 2K22 (Next Gen)
- NAME AND DEFINITION
The text of the Regulations (hereinafter — Regulations) has terms and definitions in the following meaning:
1.1 Competitions — Online League of Electronic Basketball (NBA 2K22 Next Gen);
1.2 The Organizer of the Competition – Public Union «Ukrainian Association of Electronic Basketball» (UAEB);
1.3 The official site — https://uaeb.org/;
1.4 The official Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/uaeb_org;
1.5 The official Discord-server — UAEB;
1.6 The official contact link / e-mail — https://t.me/ukrainiancyberbasketball / firstname.lastname@example.org; all official notifications and information (including documents specified in clause 10 of the Regulations) must be sent to the indicated address;
1.7 The official Discord — match highlights and screenshots must be sent by private message to the tournament organizers in the Results section;
1.8 The game / match — a presence of parties in the game process limited by the time, score or determination of the winner on other grounds. The match consists of four quarters, five minutes each. The result of the matches is determined by the results of the played quarters. The result of the match — a unit of the standings or the competition grid;
1.9 The Player / participant / athlete — an individual who participates in the Competition, and indicated in the application for the Competition;
1.10 The Club — an organization that carries out trainings, competitive and educational activities, and has one or more teams participating in the Competition;
1.11 In-game mechanics (gameplay) — a game
from the viewpoint of athlete, namely: the imitation of basketball, created by a basketball simulator with adaptation of basic principles and rules and keeping of all the proportions of the original size of playground, virtual athletes, equipment;
1.12 The account — an account registered on the server (in the server system) of the video game, which is the identifier of the participant of the Competition in the in the video game;
1.13 The nickname — a pseudonym of the player used in the PlayStation Network;
1.14 PlayStation Network (PSN) — a social network used by the owners of the PlayStation game console;
1.15 The player’s character / game avatar — a character that is under the direct control of one player / participant and which is a visual image of this player in the game’s world / playing environment;
1.18 The bot (AI) — a robot program that simulates the actions of a live player in a computer game;
1.19 The PlayStation 5 — a game console developed by SONY;
1.20 NBA 2K22 – an electronic basketball simulator developed by Visual Concepts studio;
1.21 The PlayStation Plus (PS +) — a subscription service that allows you to play online in multiplayer modes on PlayStation 5;
1.22 Pro-Am – a game mode in the NBA 2K22, in which 5 players play against 5 other players;
1.23 Pro-Am Team (Team) — an association of individuals consisting of at least 5 players included in the team’s application that works together as part of one team, combining forces to win the matches of the Competition and managing their own character in one gaming arena;
1.24 Roster – an entry list of team members in accordance with the application for the competition / technical application for the game;
1.25 Badge — a special skill of the character that increases the chance of successful performance of a move (pitch, pass, block, pick, rebound, etc.). Badges have several gradations of effect application force;
1.26 Boost – an amplification of one or more character features (temporary or permanent);
1.27 Party – an application for the PlayStation 5 game console that allows players’ interaction among each other via voice or text chat (virtual room);
1.28 Discord — a service for exchanging messages, video calls, audio calls;
1.29 Stream – a screen broadcasting on the World Wide Web (for an unlimited number of people) in real time by standard means of the PlayStation 5 console or via a capture card;
1.30 Remote playback – a real-time screen and sound broadcasting from PlayStation 5 console to PC / a mobile device with installed Remote Play application;
1.31 Online video broadcast — Stream / Remote / Share broadcast of the match on the Internet in real time or in recording;
1.32 Client, client server — a software component of the computer system that sends requests to the server. The client can request any data from the server, manipulate data directly on the server, launch new processes on the server (start of the game, execution of the commands sent from the gamepad, etc.);
1.33 Disconnect — a loss of communication of the Client of the player participating in the match with the server or the Host of the player with the Clients of other players participating in the same match, which occurs due to hardware failures and which leads to the disappearance of the player’s character from the Arena or loss of the over it for an extended period of time;
1.34 A game server (or server) — a software component of the specialized computer hardware, the core part of the video game which provides communication between different clients, allowing them to interact with each other in the video game;
1.35 Host – a PlayStation of one of the participants, which provides services in server mode (the Host cannot be assigned, he is selected randomly, among the players of one match in the basketball simulator NBA 2K21);
1.36 Arena (Court) – a video projection of the competition area (a part of the game universe), where the main competitive actions take place;
1.37 The bug — an error in the program (simulator);
1.38 The glitch – a bug in the program caused by the user by performing a number of certain actions;
1.39 The screenshot — a screen image taken with standard PlayStation 5 tools;
1.40 Aggressive behavior — various actions of an individual or group of people intended to cause a moral or other harm (except physical harm) to another person without direct physical force, as well as causing damage to the property of entities or individuals, including the use of physical force;
1.41 Video game – a software that allows the organization of the competitive process (game play) to the parties (teams / athletes) who compete, which forms the competitive space (arena), creates control objects (characters), perceived by the human senses, where the participant through input / output devices affects the control objects. The video game automatically or by means of controlled settings / bans ensures equal conditions to the parties competing;
1.42 Simulator — software and hardware which create the impression of reality, by reflecting some parts of the real phenomena and properties in a virtual environment;
1.43 Gamepad (game controller) — an input device using which the athlete gives commands to the PlayStation 4;
1.44 Substitution — removal of a participant from the team and adding a new participant to the team who has not previously participated in the respective Competition (Championship or Ukrainian Cup);
1.45 Roster addition — an application of a player who has not previously participated in the respective Competition (Championship or Ukrainian Cup) to join a team Submitted by the team captain, it is possible only if complied with the requirements of clause 5.4 of the Regulations;
1.46 Transition – a change of the team of one of the participants, removal of the participant from the team with the Roster addition to the other team within the respective Competition (Championship or Ukrainian Cup);
1.47 Immoral behavior — actions that contradict socially established moral norms (for example, smoking, drinking alcohol, showing naked body parts in the screen during the interview, etc.).
1.48 RTMP / CRT Tournament Server — an official data transmission channel of the tournament provided by the host federation.
1.49 OBS Studio – free and open source software for video recording and streaming, developed by the OBS project and the community of independent developers.
- GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Competitions are held in order to determine the sports champion of the online league of electronic basketball, solving such tasks as:
• popularization of electronic basketball in Europe as a sport;
• popularization of basketball through the game of electronic basketball;
• promotion of a healthy lifestyle, including among young people;
• preparation and successful performance of clubs / teams in international competitions;
• identification of the strongest players in Europe in e-basketball;
• unification and cohesion of e-basketball players.
- COMPETITIONS CONTROL
3.1 The general control of the organization and holding of the Competition is carried out by the Public Union «Ukrainian Association of Electronic Basketball» (UAEB).
3.2 The organizer carries out:
• development and approval of these Regulations and the Calendar of Competitions;
• appointment of the technical referees and Chief Referee of the Competition;
• determination of the composition of the Competition participants;
• registration of the results of the Competition and their approval;
• control over compliance of these Regulations;
• rewarding the winner and prize-winners of the Competition;
• settlement of disputes arising in connection with the Competition;
• other authorities stipulated by the legislation of Ukraine, including the Law of Ukraine “On Physical Culture and Sports”.
- PLACE, TERMS AND PROGRAM OF THE COMPETITION
4.1 Competitions are held using the information and communication network – Internet – in online mode (in real time);
4.2 The online e-basketball league includes:
— the regular season with 30 teams (2 conferences whith 15 teams each);
— play-off (for the best 16 teams from the regular season)
regular season: November 7, 2021 — end of June 2022;
- the start of the playoffs: early July 2022;
- The final offline part, which will include 4 teams-finalists of the conferences, will be held in the offline arena. The teams must arrive in Ukraine, where the ESEL champion of the 2021-22 season will be determined. The location of the offline part may be changed due to the unstable epidemiological situation in Europe. In the spring at a meeting of the Organizing Committee of the league will be the final decision on the venue of the final part. If the situation worsens, the online version of the final part will be considered.
All accommodation costs, transfer within the venue of the Competition, food for players (not more than 7) of the manager and coach of the team in the final part will be covered by the organizing federation.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR TEAMS / CLUBS
5.1 Competition is held in a single team category among teams consisting of players in NBA 2K22;
5.2 Competitors may be associations of individuals (players) who form Pro-Am teams in the NBA 2K22 basketball simulator.
5.3 Several Pro-Am teams have the right to represent the same Club in the Competition;
5.4 A minimum of 5 and a maximum of 8 players may be declared for one team during the Competition, whereby:
- The team is obliged to keep a video recording of each match.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR PLAYERS
6.1. Only one PSN account can be specified in a team’s application for each team player;
6.2. It is prohibited to use accounts that are not registered in the Pro-Am team application;
6.3 The player must have at least one character on his account with an OVR rating of at least 85;
6.4 A player can have more than one character and use any of them in the Competition at his discretion;
6.5 The player’s nickname can be changed only by agreement with the Organizers in the specified discord server channel and no later than 24 hours before the start of the next game of his team. The nickname must not contain obscene language, extremist or erotic nature, and also must not cause offence to other participants;
6.6 The player is obliged to register in Discord and stay on the server (in the chat) of the Organizer during the Competition;
6.7 Each team must provide a stream to the RTMP server via OBS (or another streaming platform that supports broadcast to custom servers) provided by the Competition organizers, or via Remote Play at the request of the organizer. Players are not allowed to broadcast matches on Youtube and Twitch without using the graphics package from the organizer of the Competition;
6.8 Each participant is obliged to fulfill the registration requirements under close 10 of the Regulations;
6.9 Each participant is obliged to comply with the requirements of the Law of Ukraine «On Physical Culture and Sports»;
6.10 Individuals declared to participate in the Competition and judges, as well as others associated with the Competition are prohibited to:
- make bets with bookmakers and interactive bets on the Competition both independently and through third parties (relatives, friends, acquaintances)
- enter into negotiations (including expression of intentions, hints) with other individuals with intent to make an unlawful influence on the result of the Competition game, including ensuring a predetermined result;
6.11 Participants of the Competition undertake to comply with the rules established by the license agreement of the developer company of the sports simulator NBA 2K22;
6.12 The team captain is personally responsible for non-compliance of these Regulations by the players of his team.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR PRO-AM TEAMS
7.1 If all the requirements are met correctly, the captain will get a role on the online league discord server after the registration of the team. The team name must not contain information of an obscene, extremist, or erotic nature, cause offence to other participants, as well as infringe the rights of third parties to means of individualization;
7.2 It is prohibited to change the name of the team;
7.3 The abbreviated in-game name of the Pro-Am team, displayed on the scoreboard, must be agreed with the Organizer and must not contain obscene, extremist, or erotic nature, cause offence to other participants, as well as infringe the rights of third parties to means of individualization;
7.4 The in-game logo of the Pro-Am team must be agreed with the Organizer in writing (providing a screenshot) and must not contain obscene, extremist, or erotic nature cause offence to other participants, and also infringe the rights of third parties to means of individualization;
7.5 If the team for any reason can not participate in the Competition, The organizing committee of the league has the right to replace the team with another, which is in line for registration. In this case, the team that joined the season will have the results (wins and losses) of the team that left the competition.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR PRO-AM TEAMS UNIFORM
8.1 Pro-Am team uniform layout must be agreed with the Organizer and must not contain obscene, extremist or erotic images/captions as well as be offensive to other participants and violate third parties’ rights for means of individualization;
8.2 Any alterations to Pro-Am team uniform throughout the Competitions must be agreed with the Organizer in writing;
8.3 Team’s home uniform must be of light colors (mainly white or pale gray); the away team uniform may be of any color (except white or pale gray);
8.4 Pro-Am team home jersey must have the Organizer’s logo, the Competition logo and team’s national flag;
8.4.1 Requirements for the Competition logo on the game jersey:
— logo is provided to all teams via Organizer’s discord server channel;
— the position of the logo on the uniform should be X: -0.18 Y: -0.85;
— SCALE and ROTATE parameters should be set by default;
8.4.2 Requirements for the Organizer’s logo on the game jersey:
— logo is provided to all teams via Organizer’s discord server channel;
— the position of the logo on the uniform should be X: 0.24 Y: -0.85;
— SCALE and ROTATE parameters should be set by default;
8.5 Pro-Am uniform jersey can have a logo / name of the team;
8.5.1 The name/logo must be placed on the chest of a player’s uniform and must not cover the logos of the Organizer, of the Competition as well as player’s game number;
8.6. The player numbers on the backs of participants must be readable:
8.6.1 The SCALE parameter of the player number must be X: 70;
8.6.2 Player numbers may optionally be located on the on the shorts of the uniform,
8.6.3 It is allowed to use footwear and accessories at its own discretion.
- REQUIREMENTS FOR PRO-AM TEAM ARENA
9.1 The in-game arena of the Pro-Am team must be agreed (provide the screenshot) with the Organizer. Elements of the arena (LED boards, parquet, stickers on the boards, etc.) will not be provided by the Organizer;
9.2 Any change of the arena of the Pro-Am team during the Competition must be agreed with the Organizer;
9.3 Arena home playing area must not be of an acid color (bright, contrasting, unpleasant to the eye color combination);
9.4 The logo of the Organizer must be affixed on two sides of the arena out of six;
9.4.1 The logo will be provided by the Organizer in the original size;
9.5 One side of the arena out of six must have the Competition logo;
9.5.1 The logo will be provided by the Organizer in the original size;
9.6 The Pro-Am team’s playing area in Secondary Logo 1 and Secondary Logo 2 must have the Organizer’s logo;
9.6.1 The logo will be provided by the Organizer in the original size;
9.6.2 The Secondary Logo 1 Size and Secondary Logo 2 Size settings must be set to 100;
9.7 The Arena Name Logo 1 and the Arena Name Logo 2 must have the Competition logo on the Pro-Am team’s playing area;
9.7.1 The logo will be provided by the Organizer in the original size;
9.7.2 Arena Name Logo 1 Size and Arena Name Logo 2 Size settings must be set to 100;
9.7.3 Baseline Text 1 and Baseline Text 2 settings must include the command name;
10. REGISTRATION OF PARTICIPANTS. APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINES
10.1. Registration for participation in the Online League of Electronic Basketball is submitted by the team captain in the period from 3 to 30 October 2021 through the registration on the official website of the Organizer;
In the registration application, the team captain must indicate the names of all the players, their PSN and the photo of each player.
photo size not less than 500 kb;
photo resolution not less than 1500х2000;
photo in full-face (look straight and smile, waist-length shot);
white background (carpet, wallpaper, gym, wardrobe or landscape are not suitable as a background);
head must not be turned or tilted;
player must wear a plain color T-shirt (preferably black);
Example — https://ibb.co/Jz3bJsP
10.2 At the request of the Organizer, the team captain must provide scan page of the passport of each team player with a photo and date of birth;
10.3 An application that contains incorrect and/or inaccurate information will be considered invalid. In this case, the Organizer has the right to refuse the admission to the Competition;
10.4 If it is detected afterwards that the submitted application contains inaccurate information, the team that submitted such an application may be subject to a sport sanction in the form of disqualification.
10.5 The Organizer has the right to request from the participant additional documents confirming the participant’s compliance with the requirements of these Regulations;
10.6 All players whose team is registered in the Competition (who are included in the application form by the team captain), voluntarily provide their personal data in accordance with section 10 of the Regulations, in particular: full name and photo;
They also confirm their consent to the processing of personal data by the Organizer of the Competition — Public Association «Ukrainian Electronic Basketball Association», including collection, systematization, accumulation, storage, clarification (update, modification), substitution, use, distribution, blocking, removal, destruction, for the duration of this Competition (from the date of approval of the Regulations to the actual end of the Competition) and for 3 (three) years after its end, in accordance with the provisions provided by the Law of Ukraine «On Personal Data Protection», and also agree that:
• players provide up-to-date, accurate and valid data in accordance with the Regulations;
• participation in the Competition is a voluntary, free and conscious expression of the Contest participant’s consent to the processing of his personal data by the Organizer;
• players will fight for the victory till the final whistle, as well as finish the matches at their best and keep the sports component of the Competition;
• the Competition Organizer has the right to use the names and nicknames of participants, photos and videos with their participation in the Competition on the resources of the Organizer and the resources of the Competition partners, as well as in any public and advertising events or other promotions without reference to source, additional messages or compensations;
• participants undertake to comply with these Regulations;
• the Organizer of the Competition has the right to process and store personal data of the participant for the purposes of organizing and conducting the Competition, including for communication with the participant;
• consent to the processing of personal data may be revoked by the participant of the Competition at any time by notifying the Organizer by sending a letter to the e-mail address email@example.com. Withdrawal of consent to the processing of personal data leads to automatic withdrawal of the Participant from the Competition (from roaster) and makes it impossible to receive the Prize of the Competition stipulated in clause 14 of the Regulations, if the Participant has withdrawn his consent to personal data processing;
• upon receipt by the Organizer of the Participant’s notice of withdrawal of consent to the processing of personal data, the Organizer is obliged to terminate their processing and ensure their destruction within 90 (ninety) days from the date of receipt by the Organizer, unless the Organizer has the right to process the personal data of the participant without his consent in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine.
11. ROASTER ADDITION, SUBSTITUTIONS, TRANSITIONS OF PLAYERS IN ONLINE ELECTRONIC BASKETBALL COMPETITIONS
11.1 The Pro-Am team has the right to roast or substitute players in the Online Basketball League. The total number of players after the addition to roaster must not exceed 10 (ten) people;
11.2 Under clause 10 of Regulations, roaster additions / substitutions in the Online Basketball League with the full package of documents must be submitted to the Organizer no later than two working days before the start of the next game;
11.3 If a team captain adds to roaster / substitutes a player in the Online Basketball League who has already participated in this Competition, such addition to roaster / substitution is equivalent to a transition from one Pro-Am Team to another;
11.4 During the Online League of Electronic Basketball, only two transfers of a player from one Pro-Am team to another are allowed;
11.5 During the Online Basketball League, one team may make no more than 5 (five) addition to roaster / substitutions / transitions;
11.6 Deadline for addition to roaster / substitutions – 5 months after the official start of the season. The exact date of the deadline will be announced in advance during the Competition;
11.7 If a player leaves the club / team for any reason, the team captain is obliged to notify the Organizer in writing within one working day;
11.8 It is allowed to exchange PSN accounts within your team;
11.9 The technical application for the match is submitted by sending an e-mail to the referee of the championship in Discord the day before the match;
11.10 The application for the transition of a player is submitted by the captain of the host (team) by sending an e-mail to the referee of the championship in Discord the day before the match;
12. SPECIAL CONDITIONS
12.1 During the game, it is forbidden to express any disrespect to the opponent by:
• carrying out 2 (two) or more attempts at throws from your own side in case of an obvious lag or losing point situation (with a difference of 20 points or more at the end of the game);
• attempting to prolong the game, the result of which is already obvious (with a difference of 20 points or more), by all means;
• flopping (to fall on the floor intentionally), expressing any disrespect to the opponent, deliberately run out of the field area.
12.2 The Organizer reserves the right to prohibit the use of animations, characters, badges, objects that may disturb the sports theme of the Competition (glitch animations, bugs);
12.3 The Technical Referee of the Competition may impose the following sanctions:
• a verbal warning in voice chat with duplication in writing by means of a message on the DISCORD server of the Organizer and/or an e-mail to the team captain at the end of the game day;
• a technical defeat in the match.
12.4 The Chief Referee of the Competition may impose the following sanctions:
• a verbal warning in voice chat with duplication in writing by means of a message on the DISCORD server of the Organizer, and/or an e-mail to the team captain at the end of the game day;
• a technical defeat in the match;
• a disqualification (suspension from participation in the tournament) of an individual player or the whole team.
12.5 Infringements for which the Technical or Chief Referee has the right to impose a technical defeat in a match, with a score of 20 — 0:
• infringement of clauses 5.5, 6.7, 11.10, 12.1, 12.2 of these Regulations;
• infringement of clauses 1.11 — 1.12, 1.21 — 1.23, 1.28, 1.30.3, 1.30.4 of Annex №1 to the Regulations;
• attendance at the game 15 minutes later than the scheduled time without notifying the Organizer in written form or refusal to play the match at the scheduled time (without a valid reason).
12.6 The infringements of clauses for which the Technical or Chief Judge has the right to issue a warning:
• infringement of clauses 5.5, 6.5 — 6.7, clauses 7, 8, 9, clauses 11.8, 11.10, 12.1, 12.2 of the Regulations;
• infringement of clauses 1.11 — 11.13, 1.21 — 1.24, 1.28, 1.30.3, 1.30.4 of Annex №1 to the Regulations;
• commitment of illegal moves and actions within the video game, using prohibited characters and objects (if it is revealed later based on the results of reviewing the recording — a decision will be made to cancel the results of the match and award technical defeat to the party who had committed the infringement);
• game stoppage;
• quit the game before the final whistle without the permission of the Technical Referee of the Competition;
• offence aimed at the opponent, use of obscene language, as well as offensive and negative comments addressed to the Referees or the Organizer;
• attendance at the game 15 minutes later than the scheduled time without notifying the Organizer in writing time (without a valid reason);
• aggressive behavior;
• immoral behavior.
12.7 The Chief Referee of the Competition may disqualify a player or team:
• after three written warnings within one game day from the Technical and / or Chief Referee of the Competition;
• after three infringements of clause 12.1, throughout the Competition;
• for attending the match 15 minutes later than the scheduled time without notifying the Organizer in writing more than three times during the entire Competition;
• for providing inaccurate information during registration;
• for participation in the Competition of a person who is not registered as a player in the Competition, from one of the accounts of a team member;
• if one of the participants is spottedin a dialogue, the purpose of which is to influence the outcome of the Competition in an unlawful way or other actions aimed at achieving a predetermined result of the match of the Competition. These actions are qualified by the Technical Referee in agreement with by Chief Referee;
• if the team has the match interrupted due to disconnection more than 7 times in 1 round;
• refusal or inability to fulfill the obligations stipulated in clause 1.11 of Annex №1 to the Regulations;
• infringement of clauses 5.6, 6.2, 6.10 — 6.12, 10.5, 10.6 of the Regulations;
• non-compliance with the spirit of sporting rivalry and fair play;
• for other infringements of the Regulations, for which there is no sanction in the form of a warning.
12.8 For minor infringements that do not affect the running of the match, which do not affect the organization of the Competition, the participant of the Competition may not be subject to sports sanctions, however, such a person may be summoned by the Technical Referee of the competition indicating that sports sanctions may be applied in the case of repeated infringements;
12.9 For infringements that affect or likely to affect the running of the competition, which result in a replay that negatively affects the public perception of the Competition, Organizer, teams, but not intentionally, as well as for intentional minor infringements, as well as repeated infringements, for which person has been summoned by the Technical Referee of the competition with a possibility of applying sports sanctions, a warning is applied to the participant, team coach, team manager.
12.10 In the event of situations related to the holding of the matches of the Competition, not provided for in these Regulations, such situations will be taken into consideration by the President of UAEB, and in exceptional cases — by the Executive Board of UAEB.
12.11 The Organizer of the Competition is not liable for any damages related to participation in the Competition, caused to the participants, as well as for the damage caused by participants to third parties;
12.12 The Organizer has the right to change and update the Regulations, whilst retaining the sports components and the spirit of the Competition.
12.13 If several players of a team have been disqualified from the Competition and there are less than 5 (five) players left in the team:
• the team must make roaster addition for the required number of players no later than 24 hours before the official start of the next game (except if the disqualification was received later, in which case the team must declare the player no later than two hours before the official start of the game. If the disqualification was received later than two hours before the official start of the match, the team receives a technical defeat in all matches of the game day);
• If the Team has reached the limit of roaster applications/substitutions, the Team is disqualified.
12.14 If a player or a team is disqualified, the Organizer has the right to take this fact into account when drawing the line-up for future competitions held under the aegis of UAEB, and not allow the player / team to participate in them.
12.15 During season every team can use the right to reschedule an official match:
— Only 4 reschedules;
— Reschedule can be used only in EMERGENCY situations(force majeure);
— The game can only be rescheduled on Saturday or Sunday;
— Reschedule of the game can be requested no later than 24 hours before the official start of the match.
13.1 Winners and finalists of the ESEL season 2021-22 will receive cash prizes in the amount of 10 000 USD:
Teams that advance to the playoffs will receive $ 100 each;
Teams that advance to the 2nd round of the playoffs will receive an additional $ 200;
Teams that advance to the final of the conference and advance to the final will receive an additional $ 500. Teams that do not make it to the finals hold $ 400 each;
The team that loses in the final holds $ 2,000;
The champion of the 2021-22 season will receive an additional $ 3,000.
In this case, the ESEL champion of the 2021-22 season will receive $ 100 + $ 200 + $ 500 + $ 3,000 = $ 3,800.
Prize payments are made within 30 calendar days.
13.2 The Organizer has the right to decide on the application of additional prizes for the winners and prize-winners of the Competition or a separate stage.
14. FINANCIAL TERMS
14.1 The Organizer will finance the Competition by the following items of expenses:
• remuneration of the Technical Referee and the Chief Referee of the Competition, specialists who are running the Competition (if there are any);
• organization of the Competition broadcasting on the Organizer’s resources;
• development of corporate identity of the Competition;
14.2 The participants bear the expenses related to their participation in the Competition (including the purchase of gaming hardware, Internet connection, PS subscriptions, etc.).
APPENDIX 1. FORMAT AND RULES OF THE ESEL Season 2021-2022
The competition is held in accordance with the rules of the sport «Basketball», a discipline «electronic basketball».
1.1 The match consists of 4 quarters of 5 minutes each;
1.2 Middle throw — 2 points, long — 3 points;
1.3 Attack time — 24 seconds.
1.4 When a player (player’s in-game character) receives a sixth foul, the player is dismissed from the game and the match is continued by Bot.
1.5 If three characters of one team received six fouls, the team is awarded a technical defeat with the score that was at the time of the sixth foul of the third character in the team. If a team with three characters has received six fouls, leading the score, then the score of that team is retained, and the opposing team is awarded a victory with 2 points from the score of the team that received the technical defeat.
1.6 The Competition gaming platform is a Sony PlayStation 5 game console, equipped with a gamepad, PS + subscription, as well as an Internet connection with a speed of at least 5 m / bit input speed and 2.5 m / bit output when tested on the console itself.
1.7 The game environment of the Competition is a basketball simulator — video game «NBA 2K22» from the developer «Visual Concepts».
1.8 Game mode of the Competition — «Pro-Am 5×5»;
1.9 All matches are played through the «Pro-Am Private Match» mode;
1.10 Players of one team must be in one PlayStation Party;
1.11 At the request of the Organizer, before each match the player must connect to a video call, a link to which will be provided by the Organizer:
• first of all, the player must take a clear photo of his face;
• then rotate the camera so that the screen of the device to which the PlayStation 5 console with the NBA 2K22 game running is clearly visible;
• the player must be in front of the Pro-Am Arena and show information about the character (character trends / animations), in order to check it for glitches / bugs, etc., then close the game and show the PlayStation 5 menu (gamepad controlled by the player, must be also shown). After that, you need to go to the lobby of the match (to the Arena Pro-Am team) and not leave it until the start of the game. The team captain is the last to enter the Pro-Am Arena and additionally shows the nicknames of all team players.
1.12 At the request of the Organizer, the player is obliged to share the screen broadcast during the Competition via Stream, Remote or Share at the choice of the Organizer (the Organizer has the right to invite any Pro-Am Stream player to the YOUTUBE or TWITCH channel of the Organizer, and the player provide this Stream);
1.13 The player who shares the screen with the Organizer is obliged to set the game sound settings in accordance with the requirements of the Organizer;
1.14 The championship consists of a regular round, a playoff and a final;
1.15 Regular season:
2 matches against each opponent in your conference (2×14 = 28 games);
1 match against each of the 15 teams of the other conference (1×15 = 15 games);
Each league team will play 43 games per season.
1.15.2 Team ranking is determined by the percentage of victories from the total number of matches played;
1.15.3 If two or more teams have the same number of wins and defeats (and consequently also the % of wins), the results of the face-to-face encounters between these teams are reviewed — who has more wins, that team takes the higher place;
1.15.4 If the leading teams have a draw in face-to-face encounters, the difference between goals scored and conceded in face-to-face encounters is considered. The team with the better goal difference / taken points (Net rating) occupies a higher position in the standings.
1.15.5 If several teams have the same winning percentage, the arithmetic mean difference of goals scored / conceded and the arithmetic mean difference of goals scored / conceded in personal encounters, additional matches are assigned to determine the ranking.
1.16 Championship Playoffs:
1.16.1 16 (sixteen) teams make it to the playoffs. 8 (eight) teams that occupy the highest places in the standings;
1.16.2 In the first round of the playoff games are played up to two wins;
1.16.3 In the first round of the playoffs:
pair 1: 1 place ranking plays with 8th place ranking;
pair 2: 2 place ranking plays with 7th place ranking;
pair 3: 3 place ranking plays with 6 place ranking;
pair 4: 4 place ranking plays with 5th place ranking;
The first round is played to 2 wins (BO3).
1.16.4 In the second round of the playoffs (applies to both conferences):
the winner of pair 1 plays with the winner of pair 4;
the winner of pair 3 plays with the winner of pair 2;
The second round is played to 2 wins (BO3).
1.16.5 Two teams from both conferences that won the 2nd round will play in the conference finals;
The final of the conference is played up to 3 victories (BO5).
1.16.6 Conference champions will play in the ESEL Final;
1.17 All matches are played to the end, it is forbidden to disconnect from the match, it is necessary to wait for the loading screen, after showing the match statistics and the appearance of the team in the home arena.
1.18 At the end of the match, each team is obliged to take a screenshot of the final statistics of the match and send it to the Technical Referee of the Competition in a private message «PlayStation Messages». The photo of the screen is not accepted, only the screenshot made by means of PlayStation 5 is required.
1.19 The Technical Referee of the Competition may request the display of the game statistics during the match from a player of one of the teams, the player is obliged to display it for at least 3 seconds immediately after the ball is scored.
1.20 If one or two players of one team disconnect, the team may continue to play with one or two Bots, at its own discretion.
1.21 If the team does not want to continue playing with a Bot, the regulation of clause 1.30 of Appendix 1 applies.
1.22 If three players of the same team disconnect, the regulation of clause 1.30 of Appendix 1 must be applied compulsorily.
1.23 If the team needs a replay according to the regulation of clause 1.26, 1.24 of Appendix 1, the remaining players of that team on the floor must immediately stop playing, stop their characters and inform the Technical Referee of the readiness for the replay.
1.25 Disconnect regulation:
- disconnect occurs in the first quarter — three quarters and the time of the first quarter before the replay that remains to be played are replayed, with the score scored in the first quarter of the first game for each team being summed with the score of the last quarter of the second game and counting towards the first quarter of the match. The score of the first quarter of the second game goes into the second quarter of the match. The score of the second quarter of the second game, is added to the third quarter of the match. The score of the third quarter of the first game counts towards the fourth quarter of the match (image 1).
- disconnect occurs in the second quarter — two quarters are replayed and the time of the second quarter before the replay that remains to be played, with the score for each team from the first quarter of the first game counting towards the first quarter of the match. The score from the second quarter of the first game shall be added to the score from the third quarter of the second game and counted towards the second quarter of the match. The score of the first quarter of the second game is added to the third quarter of the match. The second quarter of the second game is scored in the fourth quarter of the match (image 2).
- disconnect occurs in the third quarter — One quarter and the time of the third quarter before the replay is replayed, with each team’s score from the first and second quarters of the first game counting towards the first and second quarters of the match, and the score from the third quarter of the first game adding up to the score from the second quarter of the second game and counting towards the third quarter of the match. The score from the first quarter of the second game is added to the fourth quarter (image 3);
- disconnect occurs in the fourth quarter — Such an event will be considered by the referee individually and the fourth quarter may be replayed either in full or in half, whereby the score scored in the first, second and third quarters of the first game counts for the first, second and third quarters of the match. The score scored in the fourth quarter of the match is added to the score of the first quarter of the replay if the quarter is replayed partially (the time of the match remaining unplayed is played) (image 4). The score of the fourth quarter of the match may not be included in the overall match score if the fourth quarter is played out in full;
- the waiting time for the competition team after the disconnect is 10 minutes, after this time the match will be counted as a technical defeat for the absent team.
1.27.1 If the sum of the points scored in the matches played by each team in a re-match and after a re-match is even, an additional three minutes’ play is scheduled to determine the winner.
1.27.2 If no winner is determined, an extra three minutes of play are reappointed until the winner of the match is determined.
1.27.3 Each team has to make several screenshots of the final match statistics:
— a screenshot of the stats at the time of stoppage of the match;
— a screenshot of the stats at the end of the replay;
— a screenshot of stats for each additional time appointed;
1.27.4 It is necessary to send screenshots to the Technical Referee of the Competition in a private message of the Discord Channel (The photo of the screen is not accepted, only the screenshot made by means of PlayStation 5 is required.)
1.27.5 The ball, scored when a player is disconnected, will only be counted at the Chief Referee’s discretion when the video replay is in progress.
1.28 If the disconnection of three or more players takes place in the same team during a replay, the team receives a technical defeat with the score 20 — 0, without saving the statistics.
1.29 If one or more players of the team decline to participate in the replay, their team loses by a score of 20 — 0.
1.30 The competition calendar and the competition grid is posted on the Organiser’s official website.
1.31 The Competition Technical Referee is responsible for keeping and filling up the table.
1.32 The Chief Referee is responsible for the approval of the table.